Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Letter to my younger self.

Dear Heather
I just want you to know that this letter is ridiculous and if you stop reading half way through, I will just have to forgive you, because as I should know myself I would probably consider this junk, never mind how old I am.
Maybe I’m being a bit vain, but I think you did pretty well for your first year. You definitely grew into your own person, just like a little adult you paid your first bill for your car and digs hunted, making the appointments yourself. Although you could spare mother the shopping calls. If you can decide on the flat you want, you do not need mom to help you choose the cheaper sugar.
Do not be scared to try things out of your comfort zone when your sober, you remember more of it that way to. Try slow down on the drinking early, because you tend to get a little too friendly along with all the other lovely friendly people and do not share your dodgiest moments with any one, leave them in Richards Bay no matter how funny they are. Other than that you are going to have fun at Rhodes, make many interesting friends and more dodgy stories, which you are welcome to tell your understanding friends in Richards Bay.
If I am not mistaken it is the moments that you most enjoy that change your aspect on life, embrace those moments and never forget, university is about learning in all spheres, social and academic.
One last thing, your friends are there for you, even with your hermit ways you are not alone. People will not think you are selfish if you just need to rant for a little. Life is about everyone and that includes you.
Yours Truly
Older Self

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com Powered by Blogger and Local Jobs